Thank you CBS19 News: Charlottesville News First for sharing our SpOoKy Halloween schedule. To see what Halloween features are coming to the Big Screen, check out the full interview in the video below!
CBS19 News chatted with our Executive Director, Chris Eure, about our beloved historic Theater for their Local Business Spotlight segment. To watch the interview and learn more about how you can support our community nonprofit theater, click on the image below!
In this week’s segment of Happenings at The Paramount with Chris Cerbo of CBS19, our Director of Marketing, Maran Garland, chats about what’s coming up on the Big Screen this month! Click the image below to watch.
We could not be more excited to share this exciting news! Chris Cerbo of CBS19 will feature The Paramount Theater biweekly in the segment “Happenings At The Paramount!” in their new 4PM newscast. Check out our first installment from Friday, September 18, and learn about The Paramount’s modified opening and what’s to come to the big screen this week!
Check out our cameo in the new CACVB video, where adventure is the destination. When you are ready, we hope you will reconnect with what you love in Charlottesville! And for us, we hope a socially distanced event at The Paramount will be on your list!
Congratulations and best wishes to the happy couple. We were thrilled to be their backdrop for Gabe’s exciting question – and, yes, Hannah said YES!
Images by Rob Garland Photographers
Les Sinclair spoke with our Director of Marketing, Maran Garland, last week about The Paramount Theater’s reopening next week with movies on the Big Screen!
Click here to listen to the full interview: https://wina.com/podcasts/the-paramount-theater-reopens-july-15/
Click here to read an earlier interview with NBC29 about some of our at-home streaming options: https://www.nbc29.com/2020/05/11/charlottesville-theater-teaming-up-with-magnolia-pictures/
We are thrilled to announce the winner of Charlottesville’s Got Talent, The Thompson Family! Thank you to all of our contestants who shared with us their incredible talents, we were blown away by your talent. We also want to thank our Charlottesville community for voting. We hope you all enjoyed our virtual talent competition as much we did!
After 100+ days of a dark stage and screen, the resilient nonprofit Paramount Theater will again reopen her doors to our community! The Paramount Theater is reopening with three films on the Big Screen! On Wednesday, July 15 at 3PM and again at 7:30PM join us for the 1996 epic science-fiction action film starring Will Smith, Bill Pullman, and Jeff Goldblum in the classic Independence Day [PG-13]. Purple Rain will play on the Big Screen on Friday, July 17 at 3PM and 7:30PM followed by When Harry Met Sally on Saturday, July 18 at 3PM and 7:30PM. These are limited capacity events with 100 of the 1,041 seats available.
As “Charlottesville’s Living Room,” The Paramount Theater is committed to providing a safe and healthy entertainment venue for all of our patrons!
Below are a few of our COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines:
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available for guest use at Concessions, Theater aisle entrances, and will be located throughout the Theater.
- Sanitizing wipes will be available on each floor near the elevator.
- There will be socially distanced markers in queue both outside and inside of the Theater.
- Consistent cleaning and/or sanitizing of seats, bathrooms, railings, and other high-touch points.
- Touchless ticket entry with scannable e-tickets and pre-printed tickets.
- Upgraded payment hardware at Concessions will allow for touchless transactions.
- All shows will be reserved seating (no general admission.)
- Seating capacity will be limited. Seats will be 6′ apart, or more.
To keep all of our guests, staff, and volunteers healthy, we ask that you:
- Refrain from attending an event at the Theater if you are ill, running a fever, or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Patrons are required to wear a mask at all times unless eating/drinking in assigned seats in the Auditorium.
- Follow the social distancing guidelines of maintaining six feet of distance between non-family members when in common areas.
- We strongly encourage all tickets to be purchased in advance to limit contact from ticket purchasing transactions and to reduce lines and waiting times.
management reserves the right to ask patrons to leave the Theater at
any time if venue COVID-19 policies are not honored, or if the safety of
others is deemed to be in jeopardy.
To review a full list of modifications and general guidelines for health and safety due to COVID-19, please CLICK HERE.
THE PARAMOUNT’S PROMISE
If you cannot attend a performance due to COVID-19 illness, we are offering a flexible rescheduling and refund policy. Purchase tickets with confidence knowing that you will receive a refund if the show is canceled or postponed due to COVID-19. Purchasing your tickets today allows The Paramount Theater to continue to plan for the future of entertainment in Charlottesville. Please contact our Box Office for more information.
Our Executive Director, Chris Eure, and our Director of Marketing, Maran Garland, chatted with Marie Ungar from Charlottesville Tomorrow about how the pandemic has affected our nonprofit Theater and how we have continued to bring the magic into our Charlottesville community’s homes through this brief intermission.
Click here to read the full interview: https://www.cvilletomorrow.org/articles/dark-marquees-theaters-and-performing-artists-find-ways-to-weather-shutdown/