We are thrilled to announce the winner of Charlottesville’s Got Talent, The Thompson Family! Thank you to all of our contestants who shared with us their incredible talents, we were blown away by your talent. We also want to thank our Charlottesville community for voting. We hope you all enjoyed our virtual talent competition as much we did!
After 100+ days of a dark stage and screen, the resilient nonprofit Paramount Theater will again reopen her doors to our community! The Paramount Theater is reopening with three films on the Big Screen! On Wednesday, July 15 at 3PM and again at 7:30PM join us for the 1996 epic science-fiction action film starring Will Smith, Bill Pullman, and Jeff Goldblum in the classic Independence Day [PG-13]. Purple Rain will play on the Big Screen on Friday, July 17 at 3PM and 7:30PM followed by When Harry Met Sally on Saturday, July 18 at 3PM and 7:30PM. These are limited capacity events with 100 of the 1,041 seats available.
As “Charlottesville’s Living Room,” The Paramount Theater is committed to providing a safe and healthy entertainment venue for all of our patrons!
Below are a few of our COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines:
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available for guest use at Concessions, Theater aisle entrances, and will be located throughout the Theater.
- Sanitizing wipes will be available on each floor near the elevator.
- There will be socially distanced markers in queue both outside and inside of the Theater.
- Consistent cleaning and/or sanitizing of seats, bathrooms, railings, and other high-touch points.
- Touchless ticket entry with scannable e-tickets and pre-printed tickets.
- Upgraded payment hardware at Concessions will allow for touchless transactions.
- All shows will be reserved seating (no general admission.)
- Seating capacity will be limited. Seats will be 6′ apart, or more.
To keep all of our guests, staff, and volunteers healthy, we ask that you:
- Refrain from attending an event at the Theater if you are ill, running a fever, or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Patrons are required to wear a mask at all times unless eating/drinking in assigned seats in the Auditorium.
- Follow the social distancing guidelines of maintaining six feet of distance between non-family members when in common areas.
- We strongly encourage all tickets to be purchased in advance to limit contact from ticket purchasing transactions and to reduce lines and waiting times.
management reserves the right to ask patrons to leave the Theater at
any time if venue COVID-19 policies are not honored, or if the safety of
others is deemed to be in jeopardy.
To review a full list of modifications and general guidelines for health and safety due to COVID-19, please CLICK HERE.
THE PARAMOUNT’S PROMISE
If you cannot attend a performance due to COVID-19 illness, we are offering a flexible rescheduling and refund policy. Purchase tickets with confidence knowing that you will receive a refund if the show is canceled or postponed due to COVID-19. Purchasing your tickets today allows The Paramount Theater to continue to plan for the future of entertainment in Charlottesville. Please contact our Box Office for more information.
Our Executive Director, Chris Eure, and our Director of Marketing, Maran Garland, chatted with Marie Ungar from Charlottesville Tomorrow about how the pandemic has affected our nonprofit Theater and how we have continued to bring the magic into our Charlottesville community’s homes through this brief intermission.
Click here to read the full interview: https://www.cvilletomorrow.org/articles/dark-marquees-theaters-and-performing-artists-find-ways-to-weather-shutdown/
Can you do the Chan Chan? Ring in the summer with this delicious chilled cocktail. This week’s Mixology with Matthew features “The Chan Chan” which in the words of our great mixologist himself is “very good, very good.” Cheers to the summer everyone!
This week’s Mixology with Matthew features “The Backline Blast,” complete with perfectly ripe strawberries and bourbon – the dream team! Enjoy this refreshing cocktail outdoors in this beautiful springtime weather. Cheers everyone!
This week’s Mixology with Matthew features “The Star Circle,” a Paramount twist on an Old Fashioned. We hope you enjoy – Cheers!
This past Thursday, May 21, our Director of Marketing, Maran Garland, chatted with 106.1 The Corner’s Kendall Stewart about the upcoming Charlottesville’s Got Talent virtual talent show as well as our current streaming options! You can listen to the interview at:https://soundcloud.com/1061thecorner/community-corner-interview-maran-garland-of-the-paramount-theater!
Congratulations to Charlottesville Inside Out’s Terri Allard and team for their wonderful event this past weekend! We hope everyone who tuned in had a blast and enjoyed their dinners – we saw the comments and it looks like everyone had delicious food. For those of you who couldn’t tune in Saturday evening, you can watch the event above on YouTube!
This week’s jigsaw puzzle features Renée Fleming from her performance earlier this year! Click on the image below to play. Good luck!
Image by Rob Garland Photographers
How does a trip to Greece sound? This week’s Mixology with Matthew features the beloved cocktail all the way from Athens, Greece, “The Clandestino.” Watch the video to learn how to make this delicious concoction filled with simple ingredients you already have at home!