The nonprofit Paramount Theater is Charlottesville’s historic and intimate venue for the performing arts!
The Paramount offers unique employment opportunities with competitive pay, health benefits (medical, dental, and vision), paid leave, retirement savings contributions, and more. The Paramount Theater is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No recruiters and no phone calls, please.
Part-Time Event Staff
The nonprofit Paramount Theater, Charlottesville’s premier performing arts venue, located on the historic Downtown Mall, is now accepting applications for the part-time position of Event Staff. Join a fun, fast-paced, goal oriented, exciting team at The Paramount Theater today!
Our people make us pretty great! Our friendly and enthusiastic team helps create fun and lasting memories as they interact with guests to deliver the ultimate guest experience.
As Event Staff (Part-Time), you will:
- Provide exceptional guest service to all patrons and make them feel welcome at the Theater
- Prepare, manage, and break down concessions areas to ensure smooth and efficient service
- Engage with guests and create an entertaining, fun, exciting and memorable experience
Position Preferences / Requirements:
- Prior cash-handling, and customer service experience preferred but not required
- Strong communication skills
- Availability on nights and weekends, as that is when most of our events occur
- Naturally enjoy interacting with a diverse group of people
- Welcoming, positive, engaging and friendly towards our guests, donors, volunteers, and staff
- Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is frequently required to stand; walk and use hands to grab, and handle products The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- The Paramount Theater requires that all team members working on the premises must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Pay Type Hourly, Schedule varies based on events calendar
The Paramount Theater is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Join the Paramount Team
Part-Time Event Staff