The nonprofit Paramount Theater is Charlottesville’s historic and intimate venue for the performing arts!
The Paramount offers unique employment opportunities with competitive pay and benefits, commensurate with experience. The Paramount Theater is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No recruiters and no phone calls, please.
As of July 1, 2020
Director of Finance:
Description: The Paramount Theater, a 501(c)(3) in Charlottesville, Virginia, is accepting applications for the position of Director of Finance. The successful candidate will optimize the financial management of the theater by managing the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department, preparing monthly financial statements and reports, performing account analysis and supporting the retention of employees through the effective administration of payroll and benefits systems.
This is a full-time position with benefits and salary based on ability, education, and experience. No phone calls please – send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Paramount is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Duties Will Include:
- Assist in the implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and payroll in compliance with State and federal law, and The Paramount Theater’s policies and procedures.
- Continuously striving to improve the Theater’s position by understanding the cashflow and major drivers of the operations.
- Maintain records in accordance with guidance from tax and audit professionals.
- Reconcile all bank accounts and have the Executive Director sign off according to company policy.
- Prepare monthly reports for management in accordance with company policy including but not limited to profit & loss, cash flow, balance sheet, and event reconciliations.
- Process semi-monthly payrolls and file payroll returns including VA-5, 941, and W2/W3 returns.
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Director to administer benefits, maintain employee records, review insurance packages, and facilitate the hiring process.
- Serve as lead in the preparation of the annual budget to include creating a timeline and involving all appropriate staff in the development of a budget.
- Develop strategic goals, in coordination with the senior leadership team, and provide quarterly analysis on the progress of said goals.
- Facilitate an annual audit and prepare financial statements with notes. Assist accounting firm with the preparation and filing of the organization’s 990 and 990T.
- Extensive experience with complex accounting systems and multiple entities and consolidations.
- Great attention to detail especially in financial preparation and in policy preparation
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP principles.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills required.
- Experience in completing audit process
- Experience in creating budgets for multi-department organization
- Knowledge of Quickbooks a definite plus.
- Nonprofit accounting a plus
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have a B.S. in Accounting, Business, or Finance or an equivalent level of education and at least 5 years work experience as a controller or senior accountant
Join the Paramount Team