After 100+ days of a dark stage and screen, the resilient nonprofit Paramount Theater will again reopen her doors to our community! The Paramount Theater is reopening with three films on the Big Screen! On Wednesday, July 15 at 3PM and again at 7:30PM join us for the 1996 epic science-fiction action film starring Will Smith, Bill Pullman, and Jeff Goldblum in the classic Independence Day [PG-13]. Purple Rain will play on the Big Screen on Friday, July 17 at 3PM and 7:30PM followed by When Harry Met Sally on Saturday, July 18 at 3PM and 7:30PM. These are limited capacity events with 100 of the 1,041 seats available.
As “Charlottesville’s Living Room,” The Paramount Theater is committed to providing a safe and healthy entertainment venue for all of our patrons!
Below are a few of our COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines:
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available for guest use at Concessions, Theater aisle entrances, and will be located throughout the Theater.
- Sanitizing wipes will be available on each floor near the elevator.
- There will be socially distanced markers in queue both outside and inside of the Theater.
- Consistent cleaning and/or sanitizing of seats, bathrooms, railings, and other high-touch points.
- Touchless ticket entry with scannable e-tickets and pre-printed tickets.
- Upgraded payment hardware at Concessions will allow for touchless transactions.
- All shows will be reserved seating (no general admission.)
- Seating capacity will be limited. Seats will be 6′ apart, or more.
To keep all of our guests, staff, and volunteers healthy, we ask that you:
- Refrain from attending an event at the Theater if you are ill, running a fever, or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Patrons are required to wear a mask at all times unless eating/drinking in assigned seats in the Auditorium.
- Follow the social distancing guidelines of maintaining six feet of distance between non-family members when in common areas.
- We strongly encourage all tickets to be purchased in advance to limit contact from ticket purchasing transactions and to reduce lines and waiting times.
management reserves the right to ask patrons to leave the Theater at
any time if venue COVID-19 policies are not honored, or if the safety of
others is deemed to be in jeopardy.
To review a full list of modifications and general guidelines for health and safety due to COVID-19, please CLICK HERE.
THE PARAMOUNT’S PROMISE
If you cannot attend a performance due to COVID-19 illness, we are offering a flexible rescheduling and refund policy. Purchase tickets with confidence knowing that you will receive a refund if the show is canceled or postponed due to COVID-19. Purchasing your tickets today allows The Paramount Theater to continue to plan for the future of entertainment in Charlottesville. Please contact our Box Office for more information.