The Paramount Theater is Charlottesville’s historic and intimate venue for the performing arts! We are looking for enthusiastic, dynamic and dedicated individuals to join our team as we educate, enchant, enrich and enlighten the Charlottesville community and beyond. Please review the postings below and follow the instructions to apply below.
The Paramount offers unique employment opportunities with competitive pay and benefits, commensurate with experience. The Paramount Theater is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No recruiters and no phone calls, please.
We are accepting applications for a Marketing Assistant. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please. The Paramount is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Duties Will Include:
- Assist with the organization of the quarterly playbill content, monthly calendars and ticket inserts, and biannual newsletter.
- Plan and execute the Box Office window displays in support of upcoming events, holiday themes, special events, etc.
- Assist with all internal and event communication with constituent groups i.e. volunteer newsletter, community newsletter, etc.
- Assist the Development staff to ensure proper sponsor logo information is on file and used on all marketing materials.
- Provide assistance in regard to Playbill, posters, brochures, website, signage, event slides, print ads and campaigns.
- Create the schedule and content for Blog entries with support from others in the Marketing Department.
- Assist with basic writing assignments as assigned (blog, newsletter, etc.)
- Monitor and assist with all social media activities for the Theater.
- Assist with implementation of building marketing (posters, event signage, etc.)
- Oversee the schedule, organization, and implementation of building slideshows; including upcoming events, sponsors, and paid ads.
- Have a high level of attention to detail, personal accountability, and the ability to manage multiple projects in an organized and efficient manner.
- Possess a positive attitude, a willingness to take direction and a can-do approach to all aspects of the job.
- Possess a high comfort level with computer technology including donor database software, Microsoft Office, and Google Drive.
- Hands-on, action-oriented self-starter with a high energy level and the ability to manage multiple projects, with multiple deadlines, in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud suite (Photoshop and InDesign) is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing and/or 1-2 years experience with both traditional marketing and management of social media accounts.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Must retain a positive and professional attitude while under pressure from multiple projects and deadlines in order to provide a 5-star service.
Join the Paramount Team