The Paramount Theater is Charlottesville’s historic and intimate venue for the performing arts! The Paramount offers unique employment opportunities with competitive pay and benefits. The Paramount Theater is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Part Time Box Office Associate
The Paramount Theater, a 501(c)(3) in Charlottesville, Virginia is accepting applications for Part-Time Box Office Associates. The Box Office Associate is responsible for facilitating ticket sales for shows or events. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent customer service skills and respond promptly to customer ticketing needs. No phone calls please. The Paramount is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Duties Will Include:
- Opening and/or closing ticket window as required. Accurately dispensing tickets as requested by patrons; accepting payment and making change accurately.
- Completing daily ticket sales report. Keeping accurate daily balance report of cash received and tickets sold; balances sales and change bank and submitting cash to Box Office Manager for review.
- Filling reservations for seats by telephone or mail, handling will-call window according to procedures, or other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Filing various records and reports; performing related clerical work as assigned.
- Changing messaging of upcoming events as scheduled by supervisor on the Paramount’s marquee and flyers on premises.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have ability to work daytime, night and weekend shifts
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Box Office or guest services background preferred.
- Ability to input data into a computer, record sales transactions, accurately handle cash and credit transactions.
- Superior customer service and public relations skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have professional attitude and appearance.
- Good problem solving and organizational skills with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
CLICK HERE To Apply for this Position
The Paramount Theater, a historic, non-profit community theater in Charlottesville, Virginia, is accepting applications for the position of Event Staff. The successful candidate will support the front of house supervisor to ensure that all Paramount events run efficiently and smoothly. Specific responsibilities include event set-up and strike, concession sales, and delivering quality customer service to patrons. This is a part-time position, approximately 1-2 events per week depending on availability and event calendar, with a pay range of $12-$15 based on ability, attitude, and experience.
Skills required include: professional demeanor, positive attitude, effective communication, willingness to assist every team member, effective working relationships, hands-on self-starter with a high energy level, ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, proficient with technology. Should be CPR certified and trained in ABC policies; training will be provided to the right candidate. Must be available for a variety of events, including nights and weekends, up to 20 hours per week. Must be at least 21 years old, must have a valid Driver’s License, and be able to lift 50 lbs.
Flexible hours, great team, dedicated volunteers
CLICK HERE to Apply for this Position
Paramount Theater Technical Internship Program
Did you know that The Paramount offers a technical internship program that helps those aspiring to the event production industry learn the elements of the craft?
The technical internship program is designed for strongly-motivated individuals who want to gain more experience in the field. Interns have a very high interest in stagecraft, show production, and the technical needs of a performing arts venue. They receive hands-on training through work on show calls for national touring theater and concert acts at The Paramount.
Immersed in a professional theater setting, interns are treated as part of the crew:
- working alongside the stage manager and audio/lighting professionals
- taking part in all aspects of show production and theater maintenance
- learning about operating stage lifts, chain motors, and the flyrail system
- experiencing the importance of working on a team
- gaining understanding of the various departments within the theater and their contributions to its operations
These experiences provide interns with the fundamentals necessary to be an asset to a production crew. Often, our interns become more involved in (and many times essential to) their high school technical departments.
Paramount technical interns have gone on to work at the Charlottesville Pavilion, the John Paul Jones Arena, and for professional production companies; and to studies at PVCC, VCU, Full Sail, MIT, and Harvard!
In some cases, local high schools offer internship and/or independent study credit for participation in the program. Hours are flexible. Applicants must be sixteen years old, and undergo a competitive interview process. Space is limited, and all intern positions are unpaid.
Join the Paramount Team