The Paramount Theater is Charlottesville’s historic and intimate venue for the performing arts! We are looking for enthusiastic, dynamic and dedicated individuals to join our team as we educate, enchant, enrich and enlighten the Charlottesville community and beyond. Please review the postings below and follow the instructions to apply below.
The Paramount offers unique employment opportunities with competitive pay and benefits, commensurate with experience. The Paramount Theater is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No recruiters and no phone calls, please.
We are accepting applications for the Events Coordinator position at The Paramount. The successful candidate will ensure successful day-to-day operations of the Theater through administrative support of the Director of Operations and Programming and the Front of House Operations Manager. He or she must possess superior organizational skills, be a strong communicator, have excellent attention to detail, and be able to effectively manage multiple priorities. This is a full-time position with benefits and salary based on ability, education, and experience.
Other major duties of the Events Coordinator are:
- Assist with managing and improving the rental process from beginning to end to include processes, paperwork and communication/interaction with others. Be sure that all details are captured and shared with all parties involved. Follow the Event Timeline.
- Field all initial rental inquiries, whether phone or email; coordinate and schedule meetings with prospective renters.
- Compile event estimates, projections, and contracts at the direction of the Front of House Operations Manager and Director of Operations and Programming and send to external parties.
- Manage coordination of event add-ons (VIP parties, goodie bags, etc.) and assist with the planning of extra events.
- Coordinate with the Director of Operations and Programming to select the dates for the history tours.
- Communicate with docents and lobby monitors all tour times, dates, and various other events; serve as their direct staff liaison regarding the tours.
Part Time Box Office Associate
We are accepting applications for a Part-Time Box Office Associate. The Box Office Associate is responsible for facilitating ticket sales for shows or events. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent customer service skills and respond promptly to customer ticketing needs. No phone calls please. The Paramount is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Duties Will Include:
- Opening and/or closing ticket window as required. Accurately dispensing tickets as requested by patrons; accepting payment and making change accurately.
- Completing daily ticket sales report. Keeping accurate daily balance report of cash received and tickets sold; balances sales and change bank and submitting cash to Box Office Manager for review.
- Filling reservations for seats by telephone or mail, handling will-call window according to procedures, or other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Filing various records and reports; performing related clerical work as assigned.
- Changing messaging of upcoming events as scheduled by supervisor on the Paramount’s marquee and flyers on premises.
- Other duties as assigned.
Paramount Theater Technical Internship Program
Did you know that The Paramount offers a technical internship program that helps those aspiring to the event production industry learn the elements of the craft?
The technical internship program is designed for strongly-motivated individuals who want to gain more experience in the field. Interns have a very high interest in stagecraft, show production, and the technical needs of a performing arts venue. They receive hands-on training through work on show calls for national touring theater and concert acts at The Paramount.
Immersed in a professional theater setting, interns are treated as part of the crew:
- working alongside the stage manager and audio/lighting professionals
- taking part in all aspects of show production and theater maintenance
- learning about operating stage lifts, chain motors, and the flyrail system
- experiencing the importance of working on a team
- gaining understanding of the various departments within the theater and their contributions to its operations
These experiences provide interns with the fundamentals necessary to be an asset to a production crew. Often, our interns become more involved in (and many times essential to) their high school technical departments.
Paramount technical interns have gone on to work at the Charlottesville Pavilion, the John Paul Jones Arena, and for professional production companies; and to studies at PVCC, VCU, Full Sail, MIT, and Harvard!
In some cases, local high schools offer internship and/or independent study credit for participation in the program. Hours are flexible. Applicants must be sixteen years old, and undergo a competitive interview process. Space is limited, and all intern positions are unpaid.
Interested candidates should submit a Cover Letter and Resume electronically to email@example.com.
Join the Paramount Team