The Waynesboro Symphony Orchestra Presents: An Evening on the American Frontier
Live Events | 10/28/2022 | 7:30PM
Wearing a mask while inside the Theater is optional.
The Waynesboro Symphony Orchestra returns to The Paramount for their annual fundraising Pops Concert, “Symphonic Masquerade.” This year’s program, “An Evening on the American Frontier,” will feature riveting and award-winning American scores such as Aaron Copland’s “Appalachian Spring” and classic film music from “Dances with Wolves,” “The Magnificent Seven,” and legendary composer John Williams’ stirring overture from “The Cowboys.” Don’t miss this celebration of the American Soundtrack by The American Prize-winning Waynesboro Symphony, under the direction of Peter Wilson.
- COPLAND: “Hoe Down” from RODEO
- SMITH-WILLIAMS/WILSON: The Star-Spangled Banner
- COPLAND: Appalachian Spring
- MEECHAN: Land of the Living Skies
- UNGAR: Ashokan Farewell | Peter Wilson, violin; Charlie Nesmith, conductor
- BERNSTEIN, Elmer: “The Magnificent Seven”
- HOWARD: “Grand Canyon Fanfare”
- BARRY: “Dances with Wolves”
- WILLIAMS: “The Cowboys” Overture
- SOUSA: “Black Horse Troop,” March
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO! The Paramount Theater is pleased to bring diverse programming to the stage and screen. The Theater does not provide advisories about subject matter for events, as sensitivities vary. Not all events may appeal to, or be appropriate for, every person. Patrons are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the shows offered in order to make informed decisions prior to purchasing tickets.
In addition to show synopses, trailers, and reviews on our web events, other resources about content and age-appropriateness for specific films can be found on Common Sense Media, IMDb, and DoesTheDogDie.com as well as through general internet searches. For further questions, please contact the Box Office at 434.979.1333 or at firstname.lastname@example.org, 10AM-2PM Monday-Friday + 1 hour before events.