Paramount at the Movies Presents: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl [PG-13]
Movies | 08/21/2022 | 2:00PM
Wearing a mask while inside the Theater is optional.
For more information regarding this policy update, click here.
In honor of our 90th anniversary, The Paramount Theater is presenting films from our nine decades of history. Next up, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl! — Savvy?
Capt. Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) arrives at Port Royal in the Caribbean without a ship or crew. His timing is inopportune, however, because later that evening the town is besieged by a pirate ship. The pirates kidnap the governor’s daughter, Elizabeth (Keira Knightley), who’s in possession of a valuable coin that is linked to a curse that has transformed the pirates into the undead. A gallant blacksmith (Orlando Bloom) in love with Elizabeth allies with Sparrow in pursuit of the pirates.
Image credits: ©2003 – Walt Disney Studios. All rights reserved.
Did you know?
- Clothing and smears of charcoal were used to conceal Johnny Depp’s numerous tattoos. The “Jack Sparrow” tattoo on his arm in the movie is a fake, but he got a real replica after finishing the film, in honor of his son Jack.
- Johnny Depp wore contact lenses, which served as sunglasses, so he wouldn’t be squinting in the sun all the time.
- According to the screenwriters’ commentary on the DVD, Will Turner is the best swordsman in the film, Barbossa and Commodore Norrington are evenly matched, and Jack Sparrow is actually the worst.
- Johnny Depp improvised Jack Sparrow’s catch phrase, “Savvy?”
- There is a small scab on Jack Sparrow’s chin that gets bigger and bigger throughout the movie. The make-up artist and Johnny Depp did it on purpose as a prank.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO! The Paramount Theater is pleased to bring diverse programming to the stage and screen. The Theater does not provide advisories about subject matter for events, as sensitivities vary. Not all events may appeal to, or be appropriate for, every person. Patrons are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the shows offered in order to make informed decisions prior to purchasing tickets.
In addition to show synopses, trailers, and reviews on our web events, other resources about content and age-appropriateness for specific films can be found on Common Sense Media, IMDb, and DoesTheDogDie.com as well as through general internet searches. For further questions, please contact the Box Office at 434.979.1333 or at email@example.com, 10AM-2PM Monday-Friday + 1 hour before events.