Reopening – The Paramount’s Promise
THE PARAMOUNT’S PROMISE – Reopening the Theater
To Our Community:
As the gathering place for the community, The Paramount Theater strives to educate, enchant, enrich, and enlighten through the power of the arts. When the impact of COVID-19 began to escalate in our region, The Paramount Theater closed its doors ahead of government regulation in an attempt to do our part in keeping our community safe and healthy.
For the past four months, we have put tremendous thought and resources into how we will safely reopen our doors to our community. The magical day is near when we can safely reopen has arrived. We share that our reopening is not a decision made lightly. We will do so with the utmost care in the health and safety of our community, our staff, our volunteers, and our patrons. Below you will find a link to our reopening video. We hope you will take a peek to see the changes you can anticipate for your next visit.
While we know there is no guarantee of zero risk, we hope when you choose to join us, you can do so knowing that it is our priority to make every reasonable effort to provide a safe and healthy environment to enjoy the arts.
Yours in community,
To view a list of current events at The Paramount, CLICK HERE!
WHAT I NEED TO KNOW FOR MY NEXT VISIT TO THE PARAMOUNT:
- Bring your mask as it is required to wear unless you are consuming concessions in your assigned seat in the Auditorium.
- Download The Paramount’s app in the iTunes Store for e-ticket scanning OR if you have printed tickets, they will also be scanned.
- Once you arrive downtown and approach the Theater, be on the lookout for sidewalk markers spaced 6’ apart for patrons entering the Theater or seeking assistance at the outdoor, Box Office window.
- Volunteers and staff will greet you inside the Lobby doors (in masks and behind a Plexiglas shield) to scan your digital ticket through a contactless process.
- Remember to use one of the many hand sanitizing stations throughout the Theater. They are there for your safety and convenience.
- New signage has been added to assist and direct ticket holders to their specific aisle and seat location in the Auditorium. Staff and volunteers will be available, too, for seating questions.
- The Concession line will queue in the Lobby, following socially distanced floor markers. Contactless payment options have been added, both credit card and electronic payment like Apple Pay and Google Pay. If you do not have access to these payment options, cash will be accepted.
- To aid with social distancing in a queue, for the reopening the women’s restrooms will be downstairs, with the men’s room upstairs. Elevator access to all floors will be available.
THE PARAMOUNT’S PROMISE
TICKETS AND COVID-19
If you cannot attend a performance due to COVID-19 illness, we are offering a flexible rescheduling and refund policy. Please contact our Box Office for more information.
Monday-Friday | 10am-2pm
Phone: 434.979.1333 | Email: email@example.com
Beginning Monday, July 13, walk-up traffic will be assisted at the Will Call Window under the historic marquee
Purchase tickets with confidence knowing that you will receive a refund if the show is canceled or postponed due to COVID-19. Purchasing your tickets today allows The Paramount Theater to continue to plan for the future of entertainment in Charlottesville.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY FOR GUESTS AT THE PARAMOUNT
YOUR SAFETY IS PARAMOUNT!
As “Charlottesville’s Living Room,” The Paramount Theater is committed to providing a safe and healthy entertainment venue for all of our guests, staff, and volunteers. We have developed the following COVID-19 Preparedness Plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. All guests, employees, and volunteers at the Theater are responsible for implementing this plan.
- Hand Sanitizer dispensers will be available for guest use at Concessions, Theater aisle entrances, and will be located throughout the Theater.
- Sanitizing wipes will be available on each floor near the elevator.
- Frequent handwashing for longer than 20 seconds is highly encouraged.
- No access to water fountains
- Consistent cleaning and/or sanitizing of seats, bathrooms, railings, and high touchpoints
- Touchless ticket entry with scannable e-tickets and pre-printed tickets
- Upgraded payment hardware at Concessions to allow for touchless transactions
- All shows will be reserved seating (no general admission.)
- Seating capacity will be limited to the recommended number of people that the CDC and/or State guidelines dictate. Seats will be 6’ apart, or more.
- New signage has been added to assist and direct ticket holders to their specific aisle and seat location in the Auditorium.
- Patrons may be dismissed by section to avoid crowding while exiting the building.
TO KEEP ALL OF OUR GUESTS, STAFF, AND VOLUNTEERS HEALTHY, WE ASK THAT YOU:
- Refrain from attending an event at the Theater if you are ill, running a fever, or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times, unless eating/drinking in assigned seats in the Auditorium.
- Follow the social distancing guidelines of maintaining six feet of distance when in common areas.
- We strongly encourage all tickets to be purchased in advance to limit contact in ticket purchasing transactions and to reduce lines and wait times.
- Theater management reserves the right to ask patrons to leave the Theater at any time if venue COVID-19 policies are not honored, or if the safety of others is deemed to be in jeopardy.
To learn more about The Paramount’s response to COVID-19, to view a list of all impacted events at the Theater, and to review our digital initiatives while our stage and screen were dark, please CLICK HERE!