The Paramount Theater is Charlottesville’s historic and intimate venue for the performing arts! The Paramount offers unique employment opportunities with competitive pay and benefits.
Box Office Associate
The Paramount Theater of Charlottesville has excellent and immediate openings for Part-Time Box Office Representatives. The Box Office Representative is responsible for ticket sales for shows or events.
* Demonstrates excellent customer service skills, responds promptly to customer needs, responds to requests for service and assistance, able to work independently and handle most box office questions without assistance.
* Opens and/or closes ticket window as required. Accurately dispenses tickets as requested by patrons; accepts payment and makes change accurately.
* Completes daily ticket sales report. Keeps accurate daily balance report of cash received and tickets sold; balances sales and change bank and submits cash to Box Office management for audit.
* Fills reservations for seats by telephone or mail, handles will-call window according to procedures, or other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Files various records and reports; performs related clerical work as assigned.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Box office or guest services background preferred.
* Ability to input data into a computer, record sales transactions, accurately handle cash and credit transactions.
* Superior customer service and public relations skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate in English.
* Must have professional attitude and appearance.
* Good problem solving and organizational skills with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Paramount Theater Technical Internship Program
Did you know that The Paramount offers a technical internship program that helps those aspiring to the event production industry learn the elements of the craft?
The technical internship program is designed for strongly-motivated individuals who want to gain more experience in the field. Interns have a very high interest in stagecraft, show production, and the technical needs of a performing arts venue. They receive hands-on training through work on show calls for national touring theater and concert acts at The Paramount.
Immersed in a professional theater setting, interns are treated as part of the crew:
* working alongside the stage manager and audio/lighting professionals
* taking part in all aspects of show production and theater maintenance
* learning about operating stage lifts, chain motors, and the flyrail system
* experiencing the importance of working on a team
* gaining understanding of the various departments within the theater and their contributions to its operations
These experiences provide interns with the fundamentals necessary to be an asset to a production crew. Often, our interns become more involved in (and many times essential to) their high school technical departments.
Paramount technical interns have gone on to work at the Charlottesville Pavilion, the John Paul Jones Arena, and for professional production companies; and to studies at PVCC, VCU, Full Sail, MIT, and Harvard!
In some cases, local high schools offer internship and/or independent study credit for participation in the program. Hours are flexible. Applicants must be sixteen years old, and undergo a competive interview process. Space is limited, and all intern positions are unpaid.
For more information, please contact Gary Green at firstname.lastname@example.org or 434.566.2063.