The Paramount Theater is Charlottesville’s historic and intimate venue for the performing arts! The Paramount offers unique employment opportunities with competitive pay and benefits.
The Paramount Theater, a 501(c)(3) in Charlottesville, Virginia, is accepting applications for the position of Controller. The successful candidate will optimize the successful financial management of the theater by managing the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department, preparing monthly financial statements and reports, performing account analysis and supporting the retention of employees through the effective administration of payroll and benefits systems. This is a full-time position with benefits and salary based on ability, education and experience. No phone calls please – send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The Paramount is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Optimize the successful financial management of the theater by managing the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department, preparing monthly financial statements and reports, performing account analysis and supporting the retention of employees through the effective administration of payroll and benefits systems.
Duties Will Include:
• Assist in the implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and payroll in compliance with State and federal law, and The Paramount Theater’s policies and procedures.
• Maintain records in accordance with guidance from tax and audit professionals.
• Reconcile all bank accounts and have the Executive Director sign off according to company policy.
• Prepare monthly reports for management in accordance with company policy including but not limited to profit & loss, cash flow, balance sheet and event reconciliations.
• Process semi-monthly payrolls and file payroll returns including VA-5, 941, and W2/W3 returns.
• Serve as the benefits administrator.
• Maintain employment records and files with required documentation/separate I-9 file.
• Facilitate the new employee process from hiring to start date to include all proper documentation, paperwork and new employee handbook.
• Review and bind insurance packages (commercial, Workman’s comp, etc.) with input and approval from Executive Director.
• Extensive experience with complex accounting systems and multiple entities and consolidations. Knowledge of Quickbooks a definite plus.
• Extensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP principles.
• Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
• Ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
• Must have a B.S. in Accounting, Business, or Finance or an equivalent level of education.
Front of House Event Supervisor:
The Paramount Theater, a historic, non-profit community theater in Charlottesville, Virginia, is accepting applications for the position of Front of House Event Supervisor. The successful candidate will oversee all front of house event duties and provide support for event staff and volunteers as well as patrons to ensure that all Paramount events run efficiently and smoothly. This is part-time position with a pay range of $12-$15 based on ability, attitude, and experience. Skills required include: professional demeanor, positive attitude, effective communication, willingness to assist every team member, effective working relationships, hands-on self-starter with a high energy level, ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, proficient with technology. Should be CPR certified and trained in ABC policies; training will be provided to the right candidate. Must be available for a variety of events, including nights and weekends, up to 20 hours per week. Must be at least 21 years old, must have a valid drivers license, and be able to lift 50 lbs. If you would like to join The Paramount team, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, February 19, 2016. No phone calls, please. The Paramount Theater is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Paramount Theater Technical Internship Program
Did you know that The Paramount offers a technical internship program that helps those aspiring to the event production industry learn the elements of the craft?
The technical internship program is designed for strongly-motivated individuals who want to gain more experience in the field. Interns have a very high interest in stagecraft, show production, and the technical needs of a performing arts venue. They receive hands-on training through work on show calls for national touring theater and concert acts at The Paramount.
Immersed in a professional theater setting, interns are treated as part of the crew:
* working alongside the stage manager and audio/lighting professionals
* taking part in all aspects of show production and theater maintenance
* learning about operating stage lifts, chain motors, and the flyrail system
* experiencing the importance of working on a team
* gaining understanding of the various departments within the theater and their contributions to its operations
These experiences provide interns with the fundamentals necessary to be an asset to a production crew. Often, our interns become more involved in (and many times essential to) their high school technical departments.
Paramount technical interns have gone on to work at the Charlottesville Pavilion, the John Paul Jones Arena, and for professional production companies; and to studies at PVCC, VCU, Full Sail, MIT, and Harvard!
In some cases, local high schools offer internship and/or independent study credit for participation in the program. Hours are flexible. Applicants must be sixteen years old, and undergo a competive interview process. Space is limited, and all intern positions are unpaid.
For more information, please contact Gary Green at email@example.com or 434.566.2063.