The Paramount Theater is Charlottesville’s historic and intimate venue for the performing arts! The Paramount offers unique employment opportunities with competitive pay and benefits.
The Paramount Theater, a 501(c)(3) in Charlottesville, Virginia, is accepting applications for the position of Office Administrator. The successful candidate ensuring successful day-to-day operations of the Theater through administrative support of the senior leadership team. He or she must possess superior organizational skills, be a strong communicator, have excellent attention to detail and be able to effectively manage multiple priorities. This is a full-time position with benefits and salary based on ability, education, and experience.
Duties Will Include:
• Serve as the administrative coordinator for The Paramount Theater by handling and/or forwarding all telephone and email inquiries in an appropriate and timely manner.
• Ensure that the office is organized, clean, tidy and operates in a professional manner.
• Ensure that the members of senior leadership are supported in all aspects of administrative work.
• Assist with managing the rental process from beginning to end to include processes, paperwork and communication/interaction with others.
• Field all initial rental inquiries whether phone or email, coordinate and schedule meetings with prospective renters, serve as liaison in these meetings when appropriate.
• Send follow up communication after initial renter meetings. Coordinate completion and dissemination of rental estimates.
• Ensure all required documentation is received and policies and procedures followed prior to each event.
• In collaboration with the Director of Operations, maintain contract files for vendors, maintenance agreements, contracts for services, facilities, utilities, etc.
• Assist in the purchasing process for concessions from preferred vendors.
• Complete monthly inventory count of concessions items.
• Experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and to work effectively.
• Ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
• Effective communication, interpersonal and organization skills.
Box Office Associate
The Paramount Theater of Charlottesville has excellent and immediate openings for Part-Time Box Office Representatives. The Box Office Representative is responsible for ticket sales for shows or events.
* Demonstrates excellent customer service skills, responds promptly to customer needs, responds to requests for service and assistance, able to work independently and handle most box office questions without assistance.
* Opens and/or closes ticket window as required. Accurately dispenses tickets as requested by patrons; accepts payment and makes change accurately.
* Completes daily ticket sales report. Keeps accurate daily balance report of cash received and tickets sold; balances sales and change bank and submits cash to Box Office management for audit.
* Fills reservations for seats by telephone or mail, handles will-call window according to procedures, or other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Files various records and reports; performs related clerical work as assigned.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Box office or guest services background preferred.
* Ability to input data into a computer, record sales transactions, accurately handle cash and credit transactions.
* Superior customer service and public relations skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate in English.
* Must have professional attitude and appearance.
* Good problem solving and organizational skills with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Front of House Event Supervisor
The Paramount Theater, a historic, non-profit community theater in Charlottesville, Virginia, is accepting applications for the position of Front of House Event Supervisor. The successful candidate will oversee all front of house event duties and provide support for event staff and volunteers as well as patrons to ensure that all Paramount events run efficiently and smoothly. This is part-time position, approximately 15-20 hours per week, with a pay range of $15-$20 based on ability, attitude, and experience.
Skills required include: professional demeanor, positive attitude, effective communication, willingness to assist every team member, effective working relationships, hands-on self-starter with a high energy level, ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, proficient with technology. Should be CPR certified and trained in ABC policies; training will be provided to the right candidate. Must be available for a variety of events, including nights and weekends, up to 20 hours per week. Must be at least 21 years old, must have a valid drivers license, and be able to lift 50 lbs.
Flexible hours, great team, dedicated volunteers
The Paramount Theater, a historic, non-profit community theater in Charlottesville, Virginia, is accepting applications for the position of Event Staff. The successful candidate will support the front of house supervisor to ensure that all Paramount events run efficiently and smoothly. Specific responsibilities include event set-up and strike, concession sales, and delivering quality customer service to patrons. This is a part-time position, approximately 1-2 events per week depending on availability and event calendar, with a pay range of $12-$15 based on ability, attitude, and experience.
Skills required include: professional demeanor, positive attitude, effective communication, willingness to assist every team member, effective working relationships, hands-on self-starter with a high energy level, ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, proficient with technology. Should be CPR certified and trained in ABC policies; training will be provided to the right candidate. Must be available for a variety of events, including nights and weekends, up to 20 hours per week. Must be at least 21 years old, must have a valid Driver’s License, and be able to lift 50 lbs.
Flexible hours, great team, dedicated volunteers
Paramount Theater Technical Internship Program
Did you know that The Paramount offers a technical internship program that helps those aspiring to the event production industry learn the elements of the craft?
The technical internship program is designed for strongly-motivated individuals who want to gain more experience in the field. Interns have a very high interest in stagecraft, show production, and the technical needs of a performing arts venue. They receive hands-on training through work on show calls for national touring theater and concert acts at The Paramount.
Immersed in a professional theater setting, interns are treated as part of the crew:
* working alongside the stage manager and audio/lighting professionals
* taking part in all aspects of show production and theater maintenance
* learning about operating stage lifts, chain motors, and the flyrail system
* experiencing the importance of working on a team
* gaining understanding of the various departments within the theater and their contributions to its operations
These experiences provide interns with the fundamentals necessary to be an asset to a production crew. Often, our interns become more involved in (and many times essential to) their high school technical departments.
Paramount technical interns have gone on to work at the Charlottesville Pavilion, the John Paul Jones Arena, and for professional production companies; and to studies at PVCC, VCU, Full Sail, MIT, and Harvard!
In some cases, local high schools offer internship and/or independent study credit for participation in the program. Hours are flexible. Applicants must be sixteen years old, and undergo a competive interview process. Space is limited, and all intern positions are unpaid.
For more information, please contact Gary Green at email@example.com or 434.566.2063.