Starr Hill Presents: TEDxCharlottesville
Live Events | 11/8/2019 | 9:00AM
Following the success of sell-out events, the all-volunteer committee as part of TEDxCharlottesville and Starr Hill Presents, in partnership with CFA Institute and the Charlottesville Area Community Foundation, will present another dynamic program as part of the TEDxCharlottesville event. The conference will include a wide array of speakers and performers, with a full list to be announced soon.
The speaker lineup currently includes the below, with more to be announced in coming weeks:
- Béatrice Coron – Visual Storyteller
- John Biewen – host and producer of the Peabody Award-nominated podcast Scene on Radio
- Dr. Gail C. Christopher, D.N. – President & Founder, The Ntianu Center for Healing & Nature
- Sahara Clemons – Multimedia Artist, Designer, and Activist
- Kerry David – Producer, Writer, Director
- Dan Giusti – Culinary Chef, Founder of Brigaid
- Lewis Miller – Floral & event designer, creator of The Flower Flash
- Christine Platt – Race, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (REDI) Expert
- Drew Ramsey – Psychiatrist, Author, and Farmer
- Craig Richard – ASMR Research Scientist
Tickets go on sale Friday, September 6 at 10AM. General admission tickets are available for $88.00 (plus a $2.50 facility fee) and include: access to all speakers and experiences, a continental breakfast, complimentary lunch and a post-event party.
LIMITED NUMBER OF EARLY BIRD TICKETS – AVAILABLE September 4
Purchase early and get a ticket for $78.00 (plus a $2.50 facility fee), $10.00 off a regular price ticket. A limited amount of ‘early bird’ tickets will be available beginning Wednesday, September 4 at 10AM through Thursday, September 5 at 10PM. General admission tickets go on sale on Friday, September 6 at 10AM.
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TED Talks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.