Paramount at the Movies Presents: Disney’s Brave [PG]
Movies | 03/17/2019 | 2:00PM
Change your fate.
Disney’s award-winning Brave, tells the story of a Princess who is determined to make her own path in life. However, Princess Merida must use her bravery and archery skills to battle a curse and restore peace to the Scottish Highlands after she makes a wish that puts her entire kingdom in jeopardy. Brave won the 2013 Oscar for Best Animated Feature, and the 2013 Golden Globes Award for Best Animated Feature.
Images: 2012 Disney/Pixar
Did you know?
- This is the first Pixar film set entirely in the historic past.
- Kevin McKidd was particularly happy to work on this project because it was the first time in years that he’d been able to use his natural Scottish accent in a film.
- Merida is the first Disney princess to have brothers.
- The misunderstood dialect that Young MacGuffin (voiced by Kevin McKidd) speaks is called Doric. It is spoken in northeastern Scotland including Kevin McKidd’s hometown of Elgin.
- The original title of the film was “The Bear and the Bow”.