Paramount at the Movies Presents: Disney’s Aladdin [G]
Movies | 09/22/2019 | 2:00PM
For the young, or young-at-heart, we will have Aladdin-inspired temporary tattoos available pre-show!
A diamond in the rough.
Soar away on a magic carpet ride of nonstop thrills and fun in the most spectacular adventure of all time! Experience the wonders of ALADDIN like never before, from the Academy Award-winning music (Best Original Song, Best Original Score, 1992) to the unforgettable moments of sidesplitting comedy and soaring adventure. In the heart of an enchanted city, a commoner named Aladdin and his mischievous monkey, Abu, battle to save the free-spirited Princess Jasmine. Aladdin’s whole life changes with one rub of a magic lamp as a fun-loving, shape-shifting Genie appears and grants him three wishes, setting him on an incredible journey of discovery. Through his adventures, Aladdin proves that he is a prince where it truly matters most — on the inside!
Image credits: © Disney
Did you know?
- During the course of recording the voices, Robin Williams improvised so much they had almost sixteen hours of material.
- Scheduling conflicts with Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987) forced Patrick Stewart to turn down the role of Jafar. He has said in interviews that this is his biggest regret.
- Whenever Aladdin tells a lie, the big purple feather on his turban falls and covers his face.
- During script and storyboard development, the writers were already considering Robin Williams for the role of the Genie but had not approached him for the project. In order to convince Williams to do the role, Eric Goldberg animated the Genie doing several minutes of Williams’ stand-up routines, including parts from his album “Reality… What A Concept,” and screened it for him. Williams was so impressed that he signed almost immediately.
- This film became the fourteenth (and the first animated) movie to gross more than $200 million.