The Paramount believes that a passion for the performing arts begins at an early age. We are committed to presenting the finest programming through live arts education performances for area school children. The support and generosity of our Arts Education Sponsors and Partners allows The Paramount to make these programs accessible to ALL children in Central Virginia by offering performances at a reduced cost and in some cases free of charge.
Since 2004, approximately 140,000 students and teachers from all over Central Virginia have attended live educational theater at The Paramount, from musicals and drama, to poetry, history, dance, music, math and science. Study guides are offered to all participating schools; performances are linked with Virginia Standards of Learning; and financial assistance is available so that all children have access.
The Paramount also offers summer theater camps through Missoula Children’s Theatre for local youth to perform in musical productions.
Click here for more information about the Arts Education Program and school day performances. The 2016-17 performances will be announced on the Arts Education Program page in late June.
Click here for more information about the Missoula Children’s Theatre summer theater camps and performances.
The mission of the Paramount Theater Education Program is to foster appreciation, understanding, and love of the performing arts.
- The Performing Arts. We believe that the performing arts are vital and fundamental component of every culture.
- Young people. We believe all young people deserve the best we have to offer.
- Education. We believe that the performing arts are an essential component of a rich and excellent education.
- Community. We believe in our shared responsibility to work cooperatively and collaboratively to achieve common goals by building partnerships and providing varied arts experiences that acknowledge the diversity of our community.
- Provide high quality, diverse experiences in all areas of the performing arts.
- Establish relationships and partnerships with educators.
- Improve the connection between instruction and offerings.
- Cultivate cultural literacy.